Thursday, August 21, 2008

An Award and a Defeatist Attitude

Been really busy with work lately that I rarely have time to update this blog but rest assured that whenever I have free time, I browse all the blogs that I can with that time. In times of stress, I would probably love to just sit comfy on my favorite sofa and do nothing.


My friend recently gave me a coffee table book featuring 101 reasons not to do anything. Here are my favorite excerpts from the book:


"It was such a lovely day I thought it was a pity to get-up." - W. Somerset Maughan


"There is one piece of advice, in a life of study, which I think no one will object to; and that is, every now and then to be completely idle, - to do nothing at all." - Sydney Smith


"With ecstacies so sweet as none can ever guess, who walk not with the feet of joy in idleness." - Robert Bridges


and here is my favorite:



IF IT RAINED KNOWLEDGE, I'D HOLD OUT MY HAND; BUT I WOULD NOT GIVE MYSELF THE TROUBLE TO GO IN QUEST OF IT."




Before I bid adieu, I would like to thank Vinzent for this award (my very first). You are a dear friend and I know I do not deserve this but THANKS.


I suppose to give this to five other bloggers whom for me is a five star so I am passing this award to the following and at the same time giving thanks for leaving comments in my blog:

1. Ifoundme

2. The Dong

3. The Islander

4. Acey

5. Lawstude

Gotta go back to sleep, errr, work now.

4 comments:

escape said...

hi van! wow! thanks a lot for including my blog on your five favorite blogs. all the top five here are on my blogroll. they definitely are nice blogs.

Oman said...

wow. thanks for the award. i appreciate this. have a great day vanessa.

The Islander said...

naiiyak pa ko sa pagkuha ng award na to. huhuhu! *parang ang showbiz masyado noh?* hehe.

tengkyusumats van for sharing the award with us. mapasali lang ako sa hanay nina dong at ninong oman, sulit na sulit na. kaya mangiyak ngiyak ako. hehe.

salamaters!

mejo natagalan ako sa pagclaim kasi may emergency trip kami to davao kahapon then kaninang umaga lang kami nakabalik. sobrang kakapagod na byahe.

Abaniko said...

On idleness, this is still my favorite: "Oh, how wonderful it is to do nothing and rest afterward." :D